Your nRF52840 DK must be running firmware v1.1.0 or later.
Kits with hardware revision 1.1.0 or later, are shipped with this firmware.
Click here for instructions.
Connect and test
the nRF52840 DK
- What's included with the kit: The nRF52840 DK board itself, and a flex NFC antenna.
- Use a micro USB 2.0 cable to connect the nRF52840 DK to one of your PC's USB host ports. This provides power to the board, and supports target programming
- Flip the power switch to "on". Find it near the micro USB connector. A popup may appear. Ignore it for now.
- Confirm that LED 1 has started pulsating.
- Use the buttons SW1 to SW4 to control which LED is pulsating.
Heart Rate Sensor
Download the Heart rate monitor demo here and follow the instructions in the readme.txt.
This demo broadcasts simulated EKG values from the nRF52840 DK to the nRF Toolbox app, which then displays the received data as an EKG curve.
After completion, go here to start with development.
View and learn
Bluetooth 5 - 2 Mbps
Bluetooth 5 - Long Range
Concurrent Thread and Bluetooth 5