Your nRF52840 DK must be running firmware v1.1.0 or later.
Kits with hardware revision 1.1.0 or later are shipped with this firmware. You can find your hardware revision on the white sticker on the front of the PCB.
If step 5) below fails, you need to re-program the factory example code into the flash.
Click here for instructions.
Connect and test
the nRF52840 DK
- What's included in the box: the nRF52840 DK and a flexible NFC antenna.
- If you plan to use NFC, connect the NFC antenna to the board. The connector is marked "NFC" and is located by the edge of the board near the 4 buttons.
- Use a micro USB 2.0 cable to connect the nRF52840 DK to one of your PC's USB host ports. This provides power to the board and supports target programming.
- Flip the power switch to "on". Find it near the micro USB connector. If a popup appears, ignore it for now.
- Confirm that LED 1 starts pulsing.
- Use buttons 1 to 4 to control which respective LED pulses.
Heart Rate Sensor
Download the Heart rate monitor demo and follow the instructions in the readme.txt.
This demo broadcasts simulated EKG values from the nRF52840 DK to the nRF Toolbox app, which then displays the received data as an EKG curve.
After completion, setup our nRF Connect SDK toolchain to get started with firmware development.
View and learn
Bluetooth 5 - 2 Mbps
Bluetooth 5 - Long Range
Concurrent Thread and Bluetooth 5