Connect and test
the nRF52840 DK
- What's included in the box: the nRF52840 DK and a flexible NFC antenna.
- Connect the NFC antenna to the board. The connector on the board is marked "NFC" and located on the bottom right corner of the board near the 4 buttons.
- Use a micro USB 2.0 cable to connect the nRF52840 DK to one of your PC's USB host ports. This provides power to the board and supports target programming.
- Flip the power switch to "on". Find it below the micro USB connector. A popup may appear. Ignore it for now.
- Confirm that LED 1 has started pulsating.
- Use the buttons SW1 to SW4 to control which LED pulsates.
Heart Rate Sensor
Download the Heart rate monitor demo here and follow the instructions in the readme.txt.
This demo broadcasts simulated EKG values from the nRF52840 DK to the nRF Toolbox app, which then displays the received data as an EKG curve.
After completion, setup our nRF Connect SDK toolchain to get started with firmware development.
View and learn
Bluetooth 5 - 2 Mbps
Bluetooth 5 - Long Range
Concurrent Thread and Bluetooth 5
Your nRF52840 DK must be running firmware v1.1.0 or later.
Kits with hardware revision 1.1.0 or later, are shipped with this firmware.
Click here for instructions.