for nRF9160 LTE-M/NB-IoT/GPS Modem firmware
LTE Modem images are precompiled binaries, signed and encrypted by Nordic Semiconductor.
- Precompiled binary, signed and encrypted
- Enclosed script can be used to update modem FW via application domain from PC
- Secure boot with image authentication
- LTE Rel-13 Cat-M1 (LTE-M/eMTC)
- LTE Rel-13 Cat-NB1 (NB-IoT)
- Type B half duplex (HD), frequency division duplex (FDD)
- Initially Certified bands: B1, B3, B20, B8, B28 in EU and B4, B13 in US and Canada
- New bands will be available with new Modem Firmware releases
- Coverage enhancement (CE) Mode A
- LTE System Band width up to 20MHz
- Transmission modes ™ 1, 2, 6, 9
- Power saving
- Power Save Mode (PSM)
- Idle-DRX and Connected Mode-DRX, DRX/extended-DRX in both
- Independent clock and sleep state control
- Interface to Application CPU
- AT-command Interface for control
- Socket Interface for Data
- Modem production test support
- Antenna Tuner per band Configurability
- Integrated TLS(1.2)/DTLS(1.2) and TCP/UDP/IPV4/IPV6 Dual Stack
- Storage of TLS and Cloud credentials
- SMS PDU Mode
- Support for SIM ATK and remote provisioning via Bearer Independent Protocol
- eSIM support
- GPS L1 C/A receiver
- Single shot, fixed interval and continuous tracking modes
Note: it is not possible to downgrade to previous modem firmware releases after applying this upgrade.
Version 0.7.0-29.alpha, updated band support:
Cat-M1 operation is enabled on E-UTRA Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 20, 25, 26, 28 and 66.
Cat-NB1 operation is enabled on E-UTRA Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 25, 26, 28 and 66.
This release is aligned with v0.9 of nRF91 AT command reference guide.
nRF9160 LTE-M/NB-IoT/GPS Modem Firmware
and Modem DFU Tool
nRF9160 DK board controller firmware
Only needed if you accidentally erase the firmware in the board controller