Unboxing step by step
- To ensure you get the latest available functionality it is recommended to update your Thingy:91’s firmware. To update please follow "Update Thingy:91 firmware" below, then continue with step 2.
- Open nRF Connect for Cloud, create a new user if necessary and login. Add a new device in nRF Connect for Cloud.
- Select "LTE device" to connect your Thingy:91
- Locate SIM ICCID and PUK on the iBasis SIM card found inside the Thingy:91 box
- Input SIM ICCID, PUK (found on the iBasis SIM card) and personal information.
- Insert SIM Card and power on Thingy:91. Then wait for yellow blinking on the LED.
- Locate IMEI and PIN on Nordic Thingy:91
- Associate Thingy:91 to your user account. Wait for blue blinking. Then your Thingy:91 is associated and connected! Optional: To active the GPS, go outside and press the SW3 button for min 10 sec until LED blinks purple. For more info, see the user guide below.
Update Thingy:91 firmware
Follow the steps below to update the nRF9160 SiP application firmware and modem firmware.
- Download the latest Thingy:91 precompiled firmware from here.
- The ZIP file inside the download is the modem firmware (mfwnrf9160xxx.zip), do not unzip. Follow this link to update it.
- The download has nRF9160 SiP application firmware for connecting to an LTE-M or NB-IoT network. Following these steps, update with the appropriate hex file (see CONTENTS.txt in the download for description).
- When complete, go back to step 2 in "Unboxing step by step" above.
with your Thingy:91
nRF Pizza: Nordic Thingy:91 concept
Nordic Thingy:91 brief
Introducing The Nordic Thingy:91 Cellular IoT prototyping platform