This document was updated Wed Mar 06th, 2019
We at Nordic Semiconductor ASA (including its subsidiaries) are committed to the protection of your personal data. When you apply and/or is being recruited to a position at Nordic Semiconductor, we will process your personal data. Below you will find information regarding which types of personal data is being collected, the purposes of processing your personal data, and your rights regarding our processing.
Nordic Semiconductor formally has the role as ‘controller’ for the personal data processing performed
1. The data collected by Nordic Semiconductor
and its purposes
Nordic Semiconductor collects and processes your personal data for various purposes in the recruitment process.
The following personal data are collected for these purposes:
- Basic candidate information, such as name, contact information and application reference. The purpose of this processing is to handle your application, based on the legitimate interest of hiring purposes.
- Application and CV, based on the legitimate interest of ensuring that you meet the requirements for the position, conducting background and reference checks, ensuring that potential employment contract and salary level are based on correct data.
- Skill test results, such as ability- and personality tests, based on the legitimate interest of ensuring that you are the right candidate for the position.
- Potential other information required for registering you as an employee. In such cases, you will have specific descriptions of what information is processed and what it is used for.
2. Protecting your personal information
Protection of candidates’ personal data is highly prioritized, and we continuously work to safeguard personal information and other confidential information. Security measures include physical, technical and organizational measures, hereunder the protection of information, IT infrastructure, internal and external networks and technical facilities.
The security work is based on regular risk assessments and internal controls to ensure that sufficient security measures are taken to prevent the unauthorized access of personal data. Nordic Semiconductor is certified to ISO27001 Information Security Management System from 2018.
3. Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose personal information to:
- Data processors: Data processors are used to collect, store, or in other ways process data on our behalf. In such cases we have signed Data Processing Agreements to ensure the security of your information in all segments of the data processing, specifically for the data processing that takes place outside the EU/EEA area.
- Other parties based on your consent.
We may also transfer information in the following situations:
- When hired candidates need assistance for relocation, a relocation service company may be involved in the recruitment process.
- In statutory cases, for instance by orders of court of law or public authorities, according to strict predefined procedures.
- In the case of business transfer, for example as part of a merger, acquisition, sale of our assets, or transfer of our services to another company. In this case, you will be notified by email or on our web site about changes in ownership, use of your personal information, and the choices you may have regarding your personal information.
4. Storage period
We only store candidates’ personal data for as long as necessary relating to the purpose of the processing, unless there are legal requirements demanding longer storage periods.
We use the system ‘HR Manager’ as a recruitment tool, where user profiles (including your applications and CV) will be automatically deleted 6 months after your last application in HR Manager. 4 weeks prior to this expiry deadline, you will be notified with the option to extend your user profile for 6 months, if preferable. If you are hired for a position in the company, we will store your CV and application in our internal archive until end of your employment.
If for some reason you have sent your application directly to a contact point within our organization, we will store your information on our file server for a period of one year after the application was received.
We use the system ‘Cut-e’ as skill testing tool. The system will delete your information automatically 12 months after test completion. When a position is filled, we will delete all test results related to that position immediately. If you are hired for a position in the company, your test results will be retained by us until after your probation period.
Storage of anonymized information is not subject to such limitations or demands.
5. Your rights
when we process your personal data
You have the right to obtain access to, correction, and deletion of your personal data processed by us. You also have the right to obtain a restriction on the processing, directly object to the processing, and obtain the right to data portability. You can read more about the extent of your rights on the web pages of the Norwegian Data Protection Authority: www.datatilsynet.no.
You can always withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data.
To assert your rights, you must send a request to [email protected]. We will answer your request as soon as possible and, in all cases, no later than 30 days.
If your opinion is that our processing of your personal data is not in compliance with the manner described here or in other ways not in compliance with the general data protection regulation (GDPR), you can file a complaint to us at [email protected], or directly to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet).
You can find information about how to contact the Norwegian Data Protection Authority on their web site: www.datatilsynet.no.
As our business and tools evolve, we may need to update these terms. We encourage you to review these terms regularly. In the case of major changes, we may try to contact you directly through available channels, such as e-mail or other digital notifications.