Last updated Mon Aug 20th, 2018 by Eivind A. Sivertsen
Nordic Semiconductor formally has the role of ‘controller’ for the personal data processing performed.
Contact information for Nordic Semiconductor is:
Address: Otto Nielsens veg 12, 7052 Trondheim, Norway
Telephone: +47 72 89 89 00
Organization number: 966 011 726
For queries regarding the processing of your personal data, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. How we collect personal data
The data we collect about you depends on which of our digital channels you use, as well as the information provided to us upon your purchases, registrations, and in other contexts.
We collect the data provided by you when you register for our services, subscribe to our newsfeeds and blogs, complete forms, or contact us directly. Information is automatically collected when you use our digital channels, such as our web page and Developer Zone.
2. Categories of data processed by us
We may process personal information of the following categories:
- Basic information, such as name, employer, title, and contact information that you have freely submitted to us.
- Information about your customer relationship with us and any contact with our support functions.
- Information generated in connection with use of our web page, such as page visits and downloaded files. You can read more about this in Navigation Information below.
- Potential other information processed based on your consent. In such cases, you will have specific descriptions of what information is processed and what it is used for.
Our web page and digital channels are not meant for, or targeting, children under 13 years of age. We do not deliberately process information about minors.
If we, to your knowledge are processing information about children under 13 years of age, you can contact us and we will delete the information from our systems.
3. The purpose of processing your personal data
We process personal data through web pages, Customer Relations Management system (CRM), Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) and other digital systems. This is done for the following purposes:
- Providing services: We process personal information to provide and deliver services to you. For example, we process your information in relation to newsletter subscriptions, identification of customers, invoicing and payments, customer service, technical support, and customer complaint handling. Such processing is based on fulfilling our agreements with you.
- Development and analysis: We process personal data to improve our services and digital channels. This is based on legitimate interest.
- Sales and marketing: We use both anonymized and personal data for marketing purposes. These activities include direct marketing, such as:
- defining target groups;
- adapting and targeting the marketing;
- distribution of newsletters and other forms of direct marketing when based on your consent or applicable legal basis; and
- marketing analysis and customer satisfaction surveys.
This processing is based on consent and/or legitimate interest.
- Information security: We may process personal information to ensure the security of our systems. We may also process information to detect and prevent certain types of misuse of our services. This processing is based on legitimate interest.
- Legal compliance: We process personal information to meet legislative requirements, for example in relation to accounting and presenting information to authorities when this is imposed by Norwegian law. This processing is based on us meeting our legal obligations.
- Other purposes to which you have given consent: We may process your personal information for any other purpose to which you have given us consent.
4. Navigation information - cookies and tracking pixels
We use «cookies» and similar technologies on our digital channels. Cookies help us determine which parts of our digital channels are most popular, including which pages users visit and how much time they spend on them. This information is used for development and analysis of services, as well as for targeted advertisements on web pages.
Purposes of these technologies include:
- Performance - anonymous analytics that shows us the overall usage patterns of the site and help us understand difficulties you may have using the site
- Functionality - allows us to remember your choices on our website, like what material you like and which newsletters you have subscribed to
- Targeting or advertising - remember what you have looked at on our site and sometimes share this info with 3rd-party advertisers like Facebook and Google.
Information about your browsing device, software, and your visit is automatically collected by us. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain name, internet provider, operating system, timestamp, and the referring web page.
We use tracking pixels (also called clear gifs, web beacons, web bugs), to help improve our digital channels by letting us know the content the user is viewing. Tracking pixels are not stored on your computer, but invisibly incorporated into our web pages. They enable us to measure the effect of our marketing strategy.
For information about how to disable cookies on commonly used browsers, please refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
To opt out of 3rd-party advertising or targeting, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
5. Protecting your information
We prioritize very highly the protection of your personal data, and continuously work to safeguard your personal information and other confidential information. Security measures include physical, technical, and organizational measures; hereunder the protection of information, IT infrastructure, internal and external networks and technical facilities.
The security work is based on regular risk assessments and internal controls to ensure that sufficient security measures are taken to prevent the unauthorized access of personal data. Nordic Semiconductor is certified to ISO27001 Information Security Management System from 2018.
6. Disclosure of personal data to others
We may disclose personal information to:
- Data processors: Data processors are used to collect, store, or in other ways process data on our behalf. In such cases we have signed Data Processing Agreements to ensure the security of your information in all segments of the data processing, specifically for the data processing that takes place outside the EU/EEA area.
- Other parties based on your consent.
We may also transfer information in the following situations:
- In statutory cases, for instance by orders of court of law or public authorities, according to strict predefined procedures.
- In the case of business transfer, for example as part of a merger, acquisition, sale of our assets, or transfer of our services to another company. In this case, you will be notified by email or on our web site about changes in ownership, use of your personal information, and the choices you may have regarding your personal information.
7. Storage period
We only store your personal data for as long as necessary and for the purpose the data was collected, unless a legal requirement demands a longer storage period.
Personal information will be processed for as long as you have an active relationship with us or our digital channels, or until you request us to delete the information in our systems. We consider a relationship to us as:
- being a customer or customer contact of Nordic Semiconductor;
- being registered as a user in Developer Zone, nRFCloud, or other parts of our web page(s);
- having given consent to receive marketing material or other notifications from us;
- having actively asked to be contacted by us via social media, electronic messages, electronic forms or on exhibitions, seminars, etc.; or
- been active in our digital channels after giving your consent.
The relationship to us is defined as ‘active’ as long as:
- Activity has been recorded in our digital channels within the last 24 months,
- your contact information or user profile is needed to maintain relationship to you or your company, or
- you have not explicitly withdrawn your consent.
Storage of anonymized information is not subject to such limitations or demands. We work to ensure that personal information and other customer information is at all times updated and correct, and that we do not store information that is unrelated to the purpose of processing personal information.
8. Your rights when we process your data
You have the right to obtain access to, correction, and deletion of your personal data processed by us. You also have the right to obtain a restriction on the processing, directly object to the processing, and obtain the right to data portability. You can read more about the extent of your rights on the web pages of the Norwegian Data Protection Authority: www.datatilsynet.no.
You can always withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data.
To assert your rights you must send a request to email@example.com. We will answer your request as soon as possible, in all cases no later than 30 days.
If your opinion is that our processing of your personal data is not in compliance with the manner described here or in other ways not in compliance with the general data protection regulation (GDPR), you can file a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet).
You can find information about how to contact the Norwegian Data Protection Authority on their web site: https://www.datatilsynet.no.
As our business and tools evolve, we may need to update these terms. We encourage you to review these terms regularly. In the case of major changes we may try to contact you directly through available channels, such as e-mail or other digital notifications.