Choose platform and version
Choose your Desktop platform and select version (latest released version recommended)
10.8.0 Win32 nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_8_0_Installer.exe /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-10-x-x/10-8-0/nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_8_0_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
Changes in this version
- Added SHA1, SHA256, and md5 hashes for all release files (see below)
- Updated bundled Segger installers and tar balls to v6.70d
- Added unicode support for CLI arguments in nrfjprog.exe
- Added --deviceversion CLI argument for nrfjprog.exe
- Fixed issue where some versions of nRF9160 would not be recognized by the family detection algorithm used when family is unknown
- Added aliases for PC, LR, and SP registers in CPU register enumerators
- Increased readability in logs
For a full overview of all changes, please read the release notes located in the installation directory.
10.7.0 Win32 nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_7_0_Installer.exe /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-10-x-x/10-7-0/nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_7_0_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- (Release) Update bundled Segger installers and tar balls to v6.62b.
- (WindowsRelease) Included .lib files for all dlls.
- (OSXRelease) Fixed issue where OSX release contained a tar ball with the same name as the parent tar ball.
- (nrfjprog.exe) Added support for nRF52820_xxAA_REV2
- (nrfjprog.dll) Fix issue where nRF9160 targets could be identified as nRF9160_FUTURE.
- (nrfjprog.dll) Fix issue where nRF52 targets were not halted during page erase.
- (nrfjprog.dll) nRFJProg now updates the debug probe fw without user interaction again (changed in 10.6.0). Note that this may lead to issues with J-Link Dll versions v6.60 to v6.60f.
- (nrfjprog.dll) Added support for nRF52820_xxAA_REV2
- (nrfjprog.dll) NRFJPROG_connect_to_emu_with_snr() will fail with WRONG_FAMILY_FOR_DEVICE if the target device debug port IDR does not match the one expected by the dll.
- (nrfjprog.dll) NRFJPROG_connect_to_emu_without_snr() will fail with WRONG_FAMILY_FOR_DEVICE if the target device debug port IDR does not match the one expected by the dll.
- (pynrfjprog) Added support for nRF52820_xxAA_REV2
- (highleveldll) Added support for nRF52820_xxAA_REV2
10.6.0 Win32 nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_6_0_Installer.exe /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-10-x-x/nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_6_0_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- Update bundled Segger installers and tar balls to v6.60e.
- Added support for modem firmware upgrade for nRF91 over serial port communication.
- Fixed bug where nrfjprog could not be called from inside a folder containing utf characters.
- Fixed issue where nrfjprog exe caused segmentation faults if an unsupported JLink Dll was loaded.
- Documented “—log” functionality and argument option to set log file location.
- Known issue: nRFJProg previously updated the debug probe fw without user interaction. Due to an issue with J-Link, a popup will now appear on connection if a fw update is available.
10.5.0 Win32 nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_5_0_Installer.exe /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-10-x-x/nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_5_0_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- Added support for nRF5340
- Update bundled Segger installers and tar balls to v6.54c.
- Added rtt functionality to highleveldll
10.4.1 Win32 nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_4_1_Installer.exe /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-10-x-x/nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_4_1_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- Installation of command line tools on OSX, fixed.
- In some cases when nrfjprog was called through an indirection (ie. PATH or symlink), it could not find its local resources. Fixed.
- For Linux and OSX, nrfdfu file had changed name. Fixed.
- Bundled with Segger JLink version 6.50b
10.4.0 Win32 nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_4_0_Installer.exe /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-10-x-x/nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_4_0_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- In devices with Trustzone, if AIRCR.SYSRESETREQS was set and the core was running NonSecure code, operations that required a call to disable_bprot could fail silently. Fixed.
- In devices with SPU, if a page was set as NonSecure, erasepage and sectorerase failed silently. Fixed.
- In special circumstances family detection in unknown dll could fail for nRF9160. Fixed.
- Added MCUBoot support for Zephyr targets over serial port communication.
- Updated Segger JLink to version 6.50b.
10.3.0 Win32 nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_3_0_Installer.exe /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-10-x-x/nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_3_0_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- NRFJPROG_erase_page() now returns UNAVAILABLE_BECAUSE_BPROT if block protection is enabled for the page to erase.
- Removed undocumented sys_reset side effect of erase_page function in nRF91 dll.
10.2.1 Win32 nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_2_1_Installer.exe /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-10-x-x/nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_2_1_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- (pynrfjprog) New functions added, including modem DFU
- (nRF-Command-Line-Tools) Fixed issue where if BPROT, ACL, SPU or other similar mechanisms were used to protect memory, program might silently fail.
- (nRF-Command-Line-Tools) Updated ipc_dfu bootloader
- (nrfjprog) In some special circumstances page erase would fail to erase, fixed
10.1.1 Win32 nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_1_1_Installer.exe /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-10-x-x/nRF-Command-Line-Tools_10_1_1_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- Includes Segger J-Link Software Pack v6.44e
- Added support for nRF9160
- Added support for nRF52811
- Added support for nRF52810 revision 2
- Added support for nRF52840 revision 2
- Initial release of OS X .dmg and .pkg packages
- Initial release of Linux .deb package
- Added HighLevel.py module, a python API for the nrfjprog.exe-like highlevelnrfjprog library
- Changed to Nordic 5-clause license
- Various bug fixes and improvements
9.8.1 Win32 nRF5x-Command-Line-Tools_9_8_1_Installer.exe /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-9-x-x/nRF5x-Command-Line-Tools_9_8_1_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- Windows install Includes Segger J-Link Software Pack v6.40
- See release notes for more details
9.8.0 Win32 nRF5x-Command-Line-Tools_9_8_0_Installer.exe /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-9-x-x/nRF5x-Command-Line-Tools_9_8_0_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- Update to Segger J-Link Software Pack v6.34g
- Only support Windows 7 and newer versions
- Added option to support flash hex files with address-unaligned records
- Renamed some dll header files, se release notes for details
9.7.3 Win32 nRF5x-Command-Line-Tools_9_7_3_Installer.exe /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-9-x-x/nRF5x-Command-Line-Tools_9_7_3_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- Windows install includes Segger J-Link Software Pack v6.22g
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
9.7.2 Win32 nRF5x-Command-Line-Tools_9_7_2_Installer /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-9-x-x/nRF5x-Command-Line-Tools_9_7_2_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- Windows install Includes Segger J-Link Software Pack v6.20i
- Added support for new device nRF52840_xxAA_ENGB
9.7.1 Win32 nRF5x-Command-Line-Tools_9_7_1_Installer /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-9-x-x/nRF5x-Command-Line-Tools_9_7_1_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- Windows install Includes Segger J-Link Software Pack v6.20b
- Fixed bug in jlinkarm dll detection on Linux and OS X. Some cases were not covered by 9.7.0 update.
9.7.0 Win32 nRF5x-Command-Line-Tools_9_7_0_Installer /-/media/Software-and-other-downloads/Desktop-software/nRF-command-line-tools/sw/Versions-9-x-x/nRF5x-Command-Line-Tools_9_7_0_Installer.exe sc_DownloadFiles_CommandLineTools
- Windows install Includes Segger J-Link Software Pack v6.20b.
- Add –ini option to nrfjprog.exe . Specifies location of nrfjprog.ini file.
- Removed the possibility to define the QSPI settings file in the nrfjprog.ini file. Option --qspiini should be used instead.
- Added support for nRF52832_xxAA_Rev2 and nRF52832_xxAB_Rev2 devices.
- Fixed bug in jlinkarm dll detection in high level library on Linux and OS X. In some cases, library path was mistakenly treated as non-valid.
- Added is_alive() and terminate() functions to multiAPI interface. Allows user to stop background MultiAPI threads and processes immediately.
- Added NRFJPROG_get_library_info() function in HighLevel DLL. Allows readout of jlinkarm version and path to library file.
- Added NRFJPROG_get_probe_info() function in HighLevel DLL. Allows readout of debug probe serial number, firmware version and requested clockspeed.